posted by Gidge Uriza
I look at a lot of Harajuku in RL, the style fascinates me. So when I was challeged to do a Harajuku piece by Candy Lemmon, I immediately knew I wanted a big fluffy coat thing – I’ve been seeing them in mags slapped over the mismatched plaids and heavy handed cloth worn by the youth culture that defines Harajuku.
A big old silly fur coat. If I could find one in fun colors that’d be even better, but when I ran into this WHITE one, which was exactly what I wanted, a floofy white fur coat from Ookami Ningen I KNEW KNEW KNEW what I wanted to do.
I wanted to go Ice Skating.
I slapped on a netted green ballerina skirt and a heavy stripedy sweater (which you can’t see under the coat – but it’s there and it really doesn’t coordinate at all, I promise!) and some christmas paisley hose from Dollyrock and hit the rink at MDRs new Sim.
I was also feeling like some very rich lips and dramatically stated makeup, and was excited to find a new offering from Fleur Allure in my folder when I logged in. Those lips make me want to SMOOOCH somebody.
I became far less concerned with my clothes than the joy of ice skating in this big old coat, I have to confess. I love ice skating in SL. I’m not sure why, but it is truly one of the loveliest things I ever get to do. I hope they leave the rink year round at MDR.
So clearly, I did my own Harajuku…….but with probably more American influence than was in keeping with the task set to me.
- Gidge custom shape by Hatchy Mills
- Skin – Fleur Allure Alabaster Biba 1 R
- Eyes – FNKY – Purple Rain
- Hair – ETD – Aveda Short Crop Champagne
- Sweater – Wrong Stripey Sweater – Green
- Jacket – Retro a Gogo White Fur Jacket from Ookami Ningen
- Skirt – JD Princess Tutu – Black & Green
- Nails – A&E Rogue
- Glasses – Periquita Cat Eyes Glasses Blue Polka Dots
- Earrings – Lil Sheep – Don’t Ask Lucky Chair
- Stockings- Dolly Rock Paisley Stockings (from xmas pack)