Oregon weather is so consistent. It’s warm and pleasant and dry for the summer and it’s cloudy, rainy and cool in the winter. It comes in two flavors and the one that’s on tap right now is not weather for this dress. Luckily, in SL I can be in any climate I feel like with a quick teleport from spot to spot. Snow, rain, tropics or jungles, deserts or forests, cities or castles – what you want you can find. So, when I saw the lovely new Poppy skirt at Sugarcube I did not hesitate to pair it with a very summery top from So Many Styles.
I made the tiniest of concessions to reality by adding a short little velvet shrug from Adam n Eve, but seriously, if your jacket does not cover your midriff – it’s worn for fashion, not function. And clearly, fashion leads the way with that lovely silver embroidery and the adorable little hood. The jewelry is from Puarangi Design – though I have had this set so long it’s labeled Hi-Flo from the stores old name.
The hair comes from KMH – the store that Gidge and I are swooning over lately. The skin is Curio – I opted for a more youthful look to go with the youthful brightness and pop of the top and skirt. The top, by the way, is only shown in part. It comes with a dotted sheer gathered drop from the bodice that gives it fullness and grace. However, for this skirt, I preferred to just wear the snug fitted system piece.
No Promotional Items
- Poses: Reel Expressions
- Skin: Curio Sundust Beach Coral 2
- Eyes: Poetic Colors Night Forest Medium
- Lashes: Lelutka Diva Prim Lashes
- Nails: PXL Creations Nat #3
- Hair: KMH Hair No 004 tinted
- Jacket: Adam n Eve Velvet Shrug Black
- Top: So Many Styles Wrapped Top Magenta (part)
- Skirt: Sugarcube lightly flared skirt poppy
- Shoes: Lelutka Saffron Pumps Electric Pink
- Jewelry: Puarangi Designs Gypsy set