The colors of Modern Gypsy’s new winter collection are red, black and white. They are such powerful colors – passionate and bold and perfect, of course, for the strong patterns and shapes of these designs. I confess to absolute infatuation. This dress is particularly entrancing. It’s a beautiful and elegant cocktail gown – yet the top layer of the skirt fabric makes me think of light reflecting on a roadway. The way the white seems to glitter out of focus like the lights reflected on a wet street. So much beauty – and yet evoking such a gritty image.
I thought Maitreya’s Shanti shoes with the ribbon lacing would echo the sash beautifully.
The jewelry is from Dahlinks and the gloves are old ones from Fleur (now 5th & Oxford). Roslin has been working on gloves and will soon be releasing some suede gloves so keep your eyes open for them. She makes the best formal gloves on the grid. UPDATE: 5th & Oxford have released their gloves and even have them set for gift giving!!
This gorgeous red and black poppy hat is from Elegance Hats – my favorite hatter. The skin is from Belleza – the wonderful Jesse skin. The most elegant of updos is Lady Alanya from Sky Everett Designs.
Promotional Copies are denoted by a Bold R
- Poses: Reel Expressions
- Skin: Belleza Jesse Sunkiss 0
- Eyes: PXL Creations Glow Yellow Green R
- Lashes: Lelutka Diva Prim Lashes
- Hair: Sky Everett Designs Lady Alanya
- Dress: Modern Gypsy Dresden Doll R
- Shoes: Maitreya Gold Shanti
- Jewelry: Dahlinks Marquisa Rainbow Crystal
- Gloves: Fleur Crimson Gloves
- Hats: Elegance Hats Poppy in Red and Black