Since Gidge and I have been playing with projectors lately, a few people have checked out the tutorials and asked a few questions about how to do it. So Gidge got the great idea of setting up a pose box with the projector and light leak texture built right in along with some poses situated in the sweet spot where the projectors come together. Thus the Status Dual Projector Box 1.0 was born. It makes taking fun pictures as easy as 123. But first, let’s take a look at this gorgeous top and skirt from Baiastice for Vintage Fair. It comes in several colors and you can put the same color top and skirt together to look more like a dress, but I love hot pink and lime – they are just the perfect expression of summer. I love the easy style of the top and skirt with the great details that make it special, like the inset belt and the soft pleating at the hem of the skirt.
Okay, so what is the 123 of shooting pics like these? Keep in mind that these are direct from Second Life photos – I even framed them in-world instead of cropping in PhotoShop by using custom sizing in the camera window. We won’t count buying your own Dual Projector Pose Box and rezzing it as a step.
- Sit on the box and find a pose.
- Adjust your graphic and windlight settings. Be sure under Graphic Preferences that you select Lighting and Shadows and in the Shadows box, choose Sun/Moon and Projectors. Choose whatever windlight you like – I went for the very dark Alchemy Immortalis Dark Misty night setting, but you can even use the default.
- Snap your picture.
The Dual Projector Box is copy/mod – so you can change settings on the projectors to increase or decrease their intensity, to focus them more or less sharply and even to tint them. Since it’s copy, you can play around with the one you rez all you like and still have the original safe in your inventory.
Aren’t these shoes from Loovus Dzevavor amazing? I have three pair of the wildly textured pumps now and I would not be surprised if someday I have them all.
I added the lovely Liberty from Truth – and used its hud to change the color of the bow. The skin is for Vintage Fair from Aeva and has a lovely subtle makeup with a dramatic eye. The earrings are from HandVerk for last month’s faMESHed expo and the necklace from Maxi Gossamer for this month’s Collabor88. With so many color options, multiple chain lengths and silver and gold chains – this is the steal of the century at 88L.
Store info at Blogging Second Life
- Poses: Status Dual Projector Box 1.0 on Marketplace or in-world
- Skin: Aeva A // Phoebe ~ 1 // Lana // Cleavage Vintage Fair
- Makeup Tattoos:
- Eyes: Poetic Colors classic – forest morning (m) bright
- Lashes: Maitreya V.I.P. Group Gift – Mesh EyeLashes
- [LeLutka]-2011 lashes/curl/touch me
- Mani/Pedi: Leverocci – Round Nails_1FA_MagentaPlain
- Hair: >TRUTH< Liberty – quince
- Clothing: Baiastice_Corsage Mesh Halter-neck Top-rubine pink-size S Vintage Fair
- Baiastice_Lian Mesh Longuette Skirt-lime-size M Vintage Fair
- Shoes: Loovus Dzevavor [[LD]] Major: Resort Pumps 16
- Jewelry: MG – Necklace – Jewelled Owl – Medium – GOLD Collabor88
- [HANDverk]Tassel Earring.lime/gold faMESHEd July
|NuvilleGroper||LOVE LOVE LOVE projectors, i feel like so many people dont realize just how cool the tool is|
|NuvilleGroper||its not talked about much|
|Tane||Thank you!!! I've always had trouble with projectors. Can't wait to try again !|