1967 was the prelude to the Summer of Love. Rolling Stone published its first issue. Ralph Nader came to the attention of the public with his book “Unsafe at any Speed” which launched consumer activism. Gas was 33 cents a gallon. Radio London started broadcasting. And Scott McKenzie sang “If you’re going to San Franciso,” the anthem calling youth to the Monterey Pop Festival. Resistance to the Vietnam War was growing and Muhammed Ali was stripped of his heavyweight boxing title for refusing induction into the army. The Beatles released Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Heart Clubs Band and the Magical Mystery Tour and Kurt Cobain was born. You can come to 1967 at The Velvet tonight from 7 to 9 SLT as Maht Wuyts continues his Rock per Annum tour of the last 52 years of music.
Inspired by the San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in your Hair) song, I decided to wear this Flower Children outfit from Gizza. You can find it at the Vintage Fair in two colors. This is the red one – as bright and vibrant as the music that played at the Monterey Pop Festival. The outfit includes the top, pants and the crocheted shrug and all have resize scripts to help you fit them.
These pants are wild! And so are the old Ethic Bijou sandals from Aoharu. Yes, they are from the era of invisiprims – but vintage shoes seem so appropriate when blogging vintage clothing, don’t they?
I sometimes wonder if Abraxxa Anatine of EarthStones was a flower child. She often creates jewelry from that aesthetic such as this necklace and earrings set. The bracelets are from Yak & Yeti who continue to “sell” everything in their store for free. The hair is from Elikatira, though it does not come with the flower. That’s from Essentia and was added because “in the streets of San Francisco, Gentle people with flowers in their hair.”
The makeup is from Blush – and has the emphasis on the eyes that was so much a look of the Sixties.
- Poses: Reel Expressions
- Skin: [BLUSH] Elle Skin – Almost Angelical
- Skin Tattoo Layer: [BLUSH] Elle Red Brows /SOLD SEPARATEDLY!
- Eyes: Poetic Colors classic – forest morning (m) bright
- Lashes: [LeLutka]-2011 lashes/curl/touch me
- Nails: PXL Creations Manicure
- Hair: Elikatira [e] Vivid – Red 05
- Hair Flower: Essentia Copper Rose M
- Pants, Shirt & Jacket: **GizzA** Flower Children [Red]
- Shoes: AOHARU_WALK_EthnicBijouSandals Inca Rose
- Jewelry: EarthStones Groovy Peace Earrings & Necklace – Hot
- Yak & Yeti * Wax Bangles -wear all together * green set
Great post! I love Yak and Yeti! I haven’t been there in years, I am glad to know it’s still standing!