I have a deep admiration for Angelina Jolie – an actress who invests tremendous energy and time in aiding the most vulnerable, the refugees who are homeless, stateless and often forgotten. And I also love the Tomb Raider computer game and the movies. So what better choice for my first Halloween in Second Life than to come as Lara Croft?
Gidge and I will be trying to include costumes each day as we come up on Halloween which I think is THE holiday event of the Metaverse. This costume began with the shape which was made by Alea LAmont of ND/MD. She helpfully provided a style notecard suggesting hair and skin options.
The Lara Croft paraphenalia came from cherry-picking bits of two Lara Croft costumes though the one from Canimal is the best of the two – if you get only one, get that one. I kind of went overboard considering this is just a costume, but at the time I was dating a guy who really likes Angelina Jolie (for many of the same reasons as I do) and thought it would thrill him. And it did!
Photography by Cajsa Lilliehook MDR Photo Studio
- Shape: Angelina by ND.MD Skin Shapes
- Skin: Naughty Designs Pale Beighe Lipstick
- Eyes: IC-Eyes Soulful Hazel
- Hair: Naughty Designs Supermodel
- From Canimal’s Lara Croft Costume: Gloves, Gun Holsters, Tomb Raider Bag and Shorts
- Boots: A FAntasy Emporium Black High Zipper Boots
- Top from Black Leather Set by Kasi Tandino
- Rifle. Belt by PamelaHot Korobase