I love my new house from Barnesworth Anubis that was released at Collabor88 this month. It’s called Gansevoort which, of course, makes me think of Harper Gansevoort, a good friend to Gidge and me. One of the things I love about Barnesworth Anubis houses is that he lets us tint the houses, so we can be bold if we wish and find individuality in our homes. I have a new neighbor off to the left, but I don’t know who it is. They have an adorable fairy tale cottage, though, don’t they? I believe it’s from the architectural firm of Trompe Loeil.
Relaxing in the foyer where I have placed a small desk for sending off bread & butter notes. The Kizi White Bench from Concept is part of the wonder Story Time theme at Collabor88 this month. The shelves are from DRD and part of the Boho Princess collection for this month.
The folkloric art that is featured in so many pieces is part of my own heritage. I have jewelry boxes, paintings, prints, and miscellaneous bits and pieces of rosemaling, most of it done by my sister who teaches rosemaling and has several pieces of her art in the American Museum of Folklore. As I type this now, the painting in front of me is a folk art painting of my grandmother rowing down the river to the church to receive instruction before marrying my grandfather. I am so much in love with this theme. Items you will find at Collabor88 this month include that lovely blue love seat from Cheeky Pea and the red couch and chair from Kalopsia. The rug is just a prim with a piece of Telemark rosemaling.
Tinting the walls again! A vintage kitchen seemed the best fit for this month’s theme and I had lots of pieces to drag out of storage.
You might recognize some of the folklore collection from The Secret Store’s offerings for The Arcade in December. The Arcade is coming soon and I am eager to see what is coming. I love this old wood stove. I learned to cook on a wood stove and except during July and August, I miss it. Our wood stove was similar to this, but it had a reservoir on the right where this has another oven. The thing is, the water temperature in a reservoir is just perfect for washing your hair and because we had no running water, we collected rainwater for the reservoir and there is nothing better for washing your hair. I suppose in a city, rainwater might be less than optimal, but in the country surrounded by twenty miles of forest, there’s nothing better.
There’s a lovely sun porch on the house and I thought of putting up an easel or an herbarium, but the Boho Princess lights, rugs, and pillows were so inviting and lazing on a sunny porch with a good book is delightful.
The other half of the kitchen area is the dining room, and I still have the PILOT Swedish dining table and chairs from 2015. The big red pots are from Concept, at Collabor88.
And there you get a closer look. The color is rich and vibrant.
- Barnesworth Anubis Gansevoort House, reference bookshelf white
- Cheeky Pea – Story Time Cuddle Sofa Vibrant
- Concept Kizi Red Carpet, Red Pots, White Bench
- DRD Boho Princies Beaded Lights, A, B, & C
- DRD Boho Princess Bookshelf A & B, Carpet B, C, & D, Pouf- Doublr, Purple, red, Stripte & Tapestry
- Kalopsia Poppy’s Chari, Couch, Music Sheets
- Trompe Loeil Anastasia Cottage Sunny
From the Storeroom
- 1992 – Desk Mat,
- 22769 – bouwwerk Cottage Console
- 8f8 – Small Cupboard, Granny’s Winter Cottage Cupboard,
- AITUI Messy Bedroom Trash Bin
- Apple Fall Venetian Oil in Gild Frame (changed pic)
- Aria Wild Boho Plant Hanger Foliage, Succulent
- Brixley Farmhouse kitchen counter
- Brocante GBBC mixing bowls
- DRD Porch Planter
- Dust Bunny – My Plaid Chair, plants cabinet, toy horse
- Dutchie 1930s fridge, optional tiled kitchen wall part
- Enchanted Woods
- FanatiK Architecture: London Winter
- Fancy Decor Chair Bench
- Fashionably Dead Creative Laptop
- Le Primitif – Sideboard Shelf
- Kubric Flux Canvas 01
- Mon Cheri Deer Figurine
- Mesh Nation Fiona Shelf Set – textured
- Mudhoney Noal Chair Floral
- Nomad Swedish Chair 04, Swedish Dining Table
- Second Spaces MiniNouveau
- Scarlet Creative Nerites Plant, Cabinet, Rosemary Plant, Stove
- Soy Shitamachi Alley Garden Plants – A through M
- tarte holiday twig vase, ladder display
- The Secret Store – Folk Enamel Bowls, Cutting Boards, Tray
- Tres Blah Globe, Trusty Table
- Trompe Loeil Antique Hutch White, /kitchen Sink
- Vespertine dish rack, fresh bear bread,glasrack, hanging tools, kitchen helper, little plants, spatulas tin, mini plant table
- What Next winter bench deer.
LOVE THE ROSEMALLING!!!
I also learned to cook on a wood burning stove that had a reservoir…smiles. It was cold in the morning so Mom had a blanket hung over the kitchen door to keep the heat in… we would RUN from the bed to the stove, pull up a chair, open the oven and warm our feet. Your post brought back so many memories.
I’m an artist and yet, have never been able to master rosemalling with paint. It is more difficult than people think. Embroidery, that is another matter…smiles.