The Sum of All Things (plus a fitting tip)

The next highlight from the Accessory Fair is from Sigma. Sigma happens to be one of my favorite Greek letters – as mathematically it is the sign for summing everything that follows. It iis the Sum of All Things – now doesn’t that sound powerful and important?  Such a significant name is justified by the unique statement jewelry from Sigma. The details are right, the elements are organic and natural and the designs are modern and powerful. I think that pretty much sums up the parts of comtemporary jewelry making that make a whole greater than the sum of its parts.  Of course, great jewelry deserves great clothing and this is no exception.

I chose the high-waisted tweed tweed skirt and sweater from Ibizarre. The skirt fabric textures are just stunning and I love the gently flowing form of the skirt sculpt. The prim collar on the sweater is perfectly made to lay exactly on your shoulders. My only quibble is that the collar’s attachment point should have been the spine. I attached it to the spine and adjusted it, but seriously is anyone wearing a plain black sweater not going to wear a necklace? Cajsa’s Rules  clearly state that collars attach to the spine and necklaces to the chest.  Thankfully, since it fit so well in the wrong place it was very easy to move it to the right place.

Nothing really messes up a look, in my opinion, quite as much as poorly fitted jewelry. So, here’s a helpful hint for necklace lovers. Necklaces are sized to be worn without big turtleneck collars getting in the way. When I put this necklace on, it intersected the collar badly and just plain looked all wrong. I have seen many folks solve this dilemma by lowering the necklace and letting the chain disappear in the chest – hidden by the collar. That’s not ideal because it still looks off somehow. My approach is much better – especially if the necklace has a resize script. You see, a necklace suited to wear below a collar is bigger than one worn up by the neck – so the solution is to increase it. I simply used the resize script to increase the necklace first 10% and seeing it was still dancing with the collar, to increase it 5% more for a total increase of 15%. Doing that, it fit perfectly under the collar, the chain fit naturally at the top of the shoulders and I had a much more natural and fitted look.

I chose the new shoes from Gos – a brown version of the DARE bootie. It’s scripted to grant your every wish including three different shades of brown for the shoe. Not thinking, I chose the camel color  instead of world peace.  I will try to remember to ask for world peace next time.

Summing up the outfit, I added the lovely Jeniffer hair form Lelutka and a makeup from the newly released Brianna skin from Chaisuki. I could not resist the orange lipstick with this outfit.

***STYLE NOTES******
Promotional Copies are denoted by a Bold R

  • Poses: Reel Expressions
  • Skin: Chaisuki Brianna lucent orange 02 – peach R
  • Eyes: Poetic Colors Night Forest Medium
  • Lashes: Lelutka Diva Prim Lashes
  • Hair: Lelutka Jenniffer Hair
  • Outfit: Ibizarre Highwaist Tweed Set
  • Shoes: Gos DARE Bootie in Brown R
  • Jewelry: Sigma Admira necklace and earrings R for Accessory Fair
  • Texture Overlays from Sterling Shine

Leave a Reply