Squinternet Larnia, the avant-coureur innovator behind the brand Donna Flora, has a genius for baroque jewelry with extravagantly bold clusters of gems, crystals and pearls. Her new creation, Emmanuelle, for the Accessory Fair is no exception. I struggled so hard to decide what to wear with it because there were so many options – should I wear lavender, purple, black, cream, gold, red or some combination thereof? With this bold combination of gems, I could go any direction I wanted. Vintage or modern? Avant-garde or classical? There’s real brilliance involved in creating jewelry that you can take with you on many very different journeys in style. I confess to going overboard on the photos, so if you want to see more, they are in the Emmanuelle set on my Flickr.
I chose the richly textured Linda from Azul – because it is as exuberant and extravagant as the Emmanuelle necklace. The skirt is made to trail behind you as you walk up some grand staircase – which sent me off to the Black Taj where there is just such a staircase.
I could not resist the wind-blown Lila hair from 3636. It complements the going-for-broke exuberance of this going-for-baroque outfit. To take it further, I added the luscious black leather gloves from 5th & Oxford.
Promotional Copies are denoted by a Bold R
Photographed at the Black Taj
- Poses: Behavior Body R and Reel Expressions
- Skin: Belleza Jesse SK 3 R
- Eyes: Poetic Colors Night Forest Medium
- Lashes: Lelutka Diva Prim Lashes
- Hair: 3636 Lila Sunset (tinted)
- Dress: Azul – Linda Garnet
- Shoes: Detour Glam Metallic Pumps
- Gloves: 5th & Oxford Leather Gloves
- Jewelry: Donna Flora Emmanuelle for the Accessory Fair R