I could not resist doing one more post illustrating how versatile and useful that shirt in the Learning Suit menswear from Paper Couture can be. Here I put it together with a gold jacket and brown suede pants and it again ties the pieces together beautifully.
This outfit is almost a fashion tour with elements from many of Second Life’s best designers. In addition to the Paper Couture shirt, the jacket is from Muism, the pants from Baiastice and the belt from Ce Cubic Effect. These are a few of those designers who are exploring how to push the form of prim work to get better and better clothing.
The boots are from Storm Schmooz, I told you it was impossible to go to a shoe store and leave with only one pair. You see, I was at Storm Schmooz buying those brown and cream shoes yesterday and these boots jumped off the wall and begged me to take them home. How could I say no?
The earrings are from DeLa, the necklace from Swallowtail and the bracelet from +plus. yes, I wear that bracelet a lot. I can’t help it, it’s that good.
Now, for an aside addressing a pet peeve of mine. Again and again I read that bloggers get everything for free and that means we write puff pieces that are inherently dishonest, corrupted by our desire for review copies. This is patently false.
- I am altogether too vain to shoot photos of myself in an outfit I think is crappy. If you doubt my honesty, then trust my vanity.
- Yes I do get a few items for review and the first time I blog them I mention that. Some of the things I get to review, I don’t like. You don’t see them because of item #1.
- The underlying premise of this belief is false. Maybe some bloggers get everything for free, but I don’t know who they are and I don’t know how to get on that list. Every single item in this outfit I paid for. Well, the eyelashes are a freebie at CyberNetic, but everyone can go and pick them up for free anytime.
- My enthusiasm is the honest love of a fashion fan. I like what I wear and I hope that comes through. If I didn’t like it, I would not wear it. Just last night I received a well-made sweater for review but because it is a style I don’t care for, I deleted it. I sent the designer a note explaining why I would not blog it though exressing my admiration for the construction quality. It’s cute and well made and someone else is bound to love it and blog it with the enthusiasm it deserves.
- I suggest that failure of imagination is the worst fault any
People who say this are not making a critique of style, prose or content; they are engaging in reckless and malicious character assassination on the broadest scale – painting all fashion bloggers as inherently corrupt.
- Skin: Symphony Skins Alto Brownzed
- Eyes: IC-Eyes Soulful Hazel
- Lashes: CyberNetic
- Hair: bishwear Natalie
- Shirt: Paper Couture Learning Suit Shirt
- Jacket: Muism Skinny Bikers Jacket Gold
- Pants: Baiastice Rubbed Leather
- Shoes: Storm Schmooz Amazone
- Bangle: +plus Wide Bangle
- Necklace: Swallowtail Gold Long Necklace
- Belt: Ce Cubic Effect Songbird
- Earrings: DeLa Camilla