posted by Gidge Uriza
Alchemy is one of those great stores that I like to reach to for “party dresses”.
Yes, like I’m 10 years old, I like to have specific “party dresses”.
Not cocktail gowns, not evening gowns, I like a dress for some events that has a little more “floofy” with it’s style. Don’t get me wrong, sleek, sexy and elegant are not mutually exclusive to a dress that has a little bounce. It’s just a bit of whimsy, even slight, that set some dresses apart in my mind.
The Nostalgia gown from Alchemy has an elegant 40s throwback look to it – a summer dress style with a traditional floral applique that keeps it conservative yet stylish. The big prim skirt isn’t TOO big, but makes me wonder how many crinolens you’d have to wear to keep it there? (my guess it two).
I used the occasion to wear a skin that came out as a group gift from Bianca Foulon – called FATA Porcelain – because of the cat eye make up, seemed like a fun retro look. The very traditional June hair from Laqroki seemed like a perfect fit as well.
All Photography by Cajsa Lilliehook of MDR Photo Studios
Click Here to see the rest of the FATE Photo Shoot – for more looks at the dress
- Shape – Gidge Cusom Shape by Hatchy Mills
- Skin – Bianca Foulon – FATA in Porcelain
- Hair – JUNE in Dark Brown by Laqroki
- Eyes – Purple Rain by FNKY
- Dress – Nostalgia in Teal – by Alchemy
- Shoes – Elise 2 Elevate in black by Tesla
- Nails – Adam n Eve – ROGUE
- Earrings – Okay seriously I have no idea, they were FREE on Onrez in February and now they are not there. If you ARE the designer or KNOW who the designer is – email me!
Very nice. I’ve been to Alchemy only twice, sadly; I picked up a few nice dresses from her on a clearance sale, and picked up this delicious red dress.