It’s Second Life’s 9th birthday and Gidge and I applied for exhibit space at the big SL9B expo. Mostly it was a whim. Gidge was going in for a a surgery that day and you don’t argue with people who are getting surgery, so I filled out the application never actually expecting we would get in because neither of us are builders. But then we did!
Now we had two weeks to flesh out our whim into something that was worthy of the event. Since the theme for SL9B is Community, it seemed wise to reach out to others in the blogging community and invite them to work with us, creating something from the fashion blogging community and not just from It’s Only Fashion.
In the end, we have tutorials from all of these bloggers.
- Cady Aldrich of Divine Patterns
- Cajsa Lilliehook of It’s Only Fashion
- Gidge Uriza of It’s Only Fashion
- Gogo of JuicyBomb
- Kesseret Steeplechase of Shopping Cart Disco
- Lourdes Denimore & Salvatore Otoro of Shopping Cart Disco
- Sasy Scarborough of Sasypants.com
It opens Monday, June 18th, though there’s a press/blogger preview today.
Blogger Carnival at SL9B
List of Resources
Cady Aldrich: Divine Patterns
SLRaw Photo Tutorial
Emotes and Slow Motion Animation
Blogging Syndication Tips
Lourdes Denimore & Salvatore Otoro
Creating Emotional Couples Photos
On-site photo set for you to try
Cajsa Lilliehook: It’s Only Fashion
Reflections of You
Mirror Mirror On the Floor
Lighting, Shadows and Projectors, Oh My!
All of the four above have an on-site set for you to try.
Alternatives to Photoshop
Gidge Uriza & Cajsa Lillieihook: It’s Only Fashion
These are older tutorials that we thought would be useful basics.
- The Checklist
- IOF PSA: Marketing 101 for Bloggers – Social Networks
- Marketing 201 for Bloggers – Feeds, Fairs and Comments
- Marketing 301 for Bloggers – Designer Relationships and Review copies
- Marketing 401 for Bloggers – Using Flickr to increase traffic
Evelyn Hartshon & Cajsa Lilliehook:
Blogging Second Life