So I Heart SL Went SFW
Gogo has been up to something, you can see it in her eyes! She’s revamped the I Heart SL feed in order to bring it into compliance with Google’s® policies. This change makes her feed Safe For Work and family-friendly. You can browse with the kidlets on your lap and don’t have to switch screens when your granny walks by. To do this, she has removed all her feed’s blogs and everyone must reapply for inclusion. Gogo will be adding instructions soon, but according to her plurks she is away from her house and folks are curious about what to do. So I hope this helps.
Before you apply, you need to determine whether your content is 100% safe, because then your process is a bit easier. To decide if you are safe, you can take a look at Google’s Prohibited Content page and see where you fall. If you are 100% NSFW or NSFIHSL – there are many other feeds to check out.
If you have 100% PG content, find your RSS url as usual and submit your application.
If you have mixed content, which we do here at It’s Only Fashion, then you need to designate each individual post as suitable for I Heart SL. This allows you to use your #$%@$%@# words and show your bits and demonstrate your animations to your heart’s content and still send your PG posts to I Heart SL.
So here are the instructions for blogs with mixed content:
- In the dashboard, under the Posts Menu, click on Categories. Select Add New and create the category iheartslFeed.
- Each post that you want fed to I Heart SL, click the iheartslFeed category in the Categories menu on the right hand side of the Edit Post page. You can go back and add that category to a few posts in your history with Quick Edit, just to catch up your most recent posts.
- Complete the application at I Heart SL with the following RSS feed: http://Yourblogaddress/category/iheartslfeed/feed/. For example, our RSS feed for the category is http://itsonlyfashionblog.com/category/iheartslfeed/feed/
- Make your posts as usual and add the label iheartslfeed for each post you want to feed to the I Heart SL. Since they don’t have a handy category to click, you must type it in each time.
- Complete the application with thefollowing RSS feed: http://YourSite.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/iheartslFeed
- Add the iheartslfeed tag to each post that you wish to go to the feed. You will have to type it in each time you want to feed a post since they have no handy categories you can just click.
- Use the following url for your rss feed: http://yourblogaddress.tumblr.com/tagged/iheartslfeed/rss
If someone knows how to do this for TypePad – please add in comments.
This entry was posted in iheartslFeed
. Bookmark the permalink