To celebrate the opening of THE GARDEN this round, there was a beach party over at THE NEST. It just so happened that I had a new bikini and nowhere to be for at least an hour, so I failed to touch up my roots yet ran over anyway to frolic in the sand with everyone. Continue reading
Posted in Avatar Customization, Blogging & Photography, Cocktail, Expos, Fairs and Fundraisers, Eyes, Fashion Community Activities, Events & Feeds, Garments, Hair, iheartslFeed, Life Style, Home and Garden, Prim Nails and Mani/Pedis, Second Life, Shapes, Skin, Styles, Swimsuits, Tattoo Layer Makeup
Tagged Baiastice, Belleza, Bikini, CheLLe, Exile, Flair, Rustica, savoir faire, Second Life, Second Life Fashion, Second Life Swimwear, Slink, The Garden, vision by A:S:S
Today’s Fast Five include a loving tribute to an SL® original who died recently. That reminds me that it may be worthwhile to make advance arrangements such as disposing of virtual assets in your will and providing instructions to Linden Lab to inform your friends.
- Cecilia Delacroix – A Tribute: Melusina Parkin has written and photographed a loving memorial to the work of Cecelia Delacroix in Second Life. Her contributions to art in SL were many and she will be widely missed. Please read the post and follow the SLurls so you can appreciate much of what she has given to the community.
- Stripped: Kitty Wytchwood noticed that she is wearing fewer and fewer clothes recently and contemplates the nature of nudity in Second Life®. The photo are great, too. but you will want to stick around for the writing.
- Historical Maps of Second Life Birthdays - Daniel Voyager collected maps of the the SL birthday sims from the 4th through the 10th. It’s far cooler than it sounds! I am so glad he thought of the idea, because it is fun to changes from year to year.
- LOTD 19.06.13 - Kere Millar styled an adorable Lolita look that is original and unique and beautifully done. I am not into Lolita for myself, but that doesn’t mean I cannot admire someone styling that look to perfection.
- Weird Questions Meme - Harlow Heslop tackles another of Berry’s memes, but the real star in this post is the profile picture. The hair is stunning and the eye shadow and liner are a perfect choice for that hair as are the earrings. Then to make it even better, her top brings everything together. It’s just so well-styled that it’s a show stopper.
Sissy Pessoa recently released a lovely summertime maxi-dress in several colors and three prints, including this bold black and white.
Posted in Eyes, Hair, iheartslFeed, Jewelry, Mesh Hands & Feet, Poses, Showcases & Discount Rooms, Skin, Tattoo Layer Makeup
Tagged adorkable, Baiastice, Flair, Insufferable Dastard, L'Accesssoires, LeLutKa, Pure Poison, PXL Creations, Slink, Uzuri
Two years ago today I brought Oscar home. He has been such a surprise. At the Humane Society, he was not a friendly cat and I was told not to expect much affection. Hah! He’s been wonderful and very loving, even if he does sound more like a duck than a cat.
- You Could Probably Rule the World from SL, if You Wanted To. Aemeth Lysette has an inspiring and thoughtful post about her success in using SL to enhance her opportunities in real life as well.
- Your SL Evolution – Harper Beresford challenged folks to put together a timeline of their style evolution a few years back when she was hosting a forum on SL’s Community blog for Fashion Week. So many responded she created a Flickr group. For SL10B, she had the great idea of putting up an exhibition with an updated photo. Be sure to check out her blog and her gallery at SL10B.
- Sleepover: The Arcade often brings out our inner child, but no more so than with Carthalis Rossini in this fun little post exposing his inner child. Adorable.
- When Boredom Strikes: Josiah Lee Baxter’s post is striking, powerful and captivating. He knows that sometimes simplicity is stronger and more powerful than anything else.
- Three Doors Down – Kryptonite: I just love the naturalness and simplicity of her outfit and her poses. The pictures looked snapped, not posed. Beautifully done
Come check it out…. a whole new build for these two great stores, lots of new stuff and if you are a fan of Slink mesh hands and feet you HAVE to try these nails… but first the dress. Nora, one of Bii Bii’s newest creations available inworld or on the marketplace.
Turn the page to see the BACK….
Posted in Accessories, Avatar Customization, Cocktail, Dresses, Eyes, Fashion Community Activities, Events & Feeds, Garments, Hair, iheartslFeed, Jewelry, Mesh Hands & Feet, Piercing, Pose Props, Review, Second Life, Shoes, Skin, Styles, Tattoo
Tagged 9 Inch Nails, Bii Bii's, DieselWorks, Flutterby Tattoo's, GA, Glam Affair, IKON, Mandala, Redgrave, Slink, TRUTH, Zaara
Hello everyone! I’m Evangeline, and I’m one of the new bloggers here at It’s Only Fashion! I’m super happy and honored to be included and I hope you guys enjoy my seemingly random posts. (I’m a bit crazy) Today I wanted to blog about the SUMMERFEST! The SUMMERFEST is an 2 week long event featuring 40 of some of Second Life’s finest designers. The event opened up yesterday and it’s held on a really lovely beach. I highly suggest that everyone heads to the event because there are a lot of really adorable items, perfect for the summer season that’s just starting! For more information, go here.
And make sure you check out the official Flickr group here!
Tank: Ingenue :: Ida :: Cherry - SUMMERFEST’13
Skirt: Tee*fy Laurie Low Waist Hi-Low Skirt Pure- SUMMERFEST’13
Feet: Slink Womens Natural Barefeet (Mesh Rigged)
Ukulele: BALACLAVA!! My Little Ukulele- SUMMERFEST’13
Bracelet: Noodles – Button Cord Bracelet Brown- SUMMERFEST’13
Necklace: *MishMish* Summer Buoy Necklace – Red- SUMMERFEST’13
Hair: eep . hair 014 . blondes- SUMMERFEST’13
Sunglasses: Noodles – Tegan Sunglasses White- SUMMERFEST’13
Otter: !Ohmai: Sea Otter Pet [Toffee Pelt] 10- SUMMERFEST’13
Bottles: flowey’s original beertlejuice – 4 pack!/ for Summerfest- SUMMERFEST’13
Tangerine, she is all they claim
With her eyes of night and lips as bright as flame
Tangerine, when she dances by, senoritas stare and caballeros sigh
And I’ve seen toasts to Tangerine
Raised in every bar across the Argentine
Yes, she has them all on the run, but her heart belongs to just one
Her heart belongs to Tangerine
Posted in Ball Gowns, Expos, Fairs and Fundraisers, Eyes, Hair, iheartslFeed, Jewelry, Mesh Hands & Feet, Poses, Shoes, Showcases & Discount Rooms, Skin
Tagged adorkable, Baiastice, Cosmetics Fair, Flair, Glam Affair, Insufferable Dastard, Kunglers, MiaMai, Slink, Summerfest, TRUTH
I like this Plastik outfit. I’ve been re-reading all of Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern books, and this outfit plus the little ~silentsparrow~ dragon reminds me of some kind of saucy dragonrider.
I am relearning all the things. How to use Gimp instead of Photoshop, how to use Firestorm instead of the Second Life main browser, how to wear mesh. Take a bit of time off, and nothing slows down! But here I am with shadows, a decent DPI, and cropped photos. Ah well, gotta restart somewhere.
Tail: Half-Deer blossom tail (hydrangea) from Arcade
Head guest: ~silentsparrow~ (silvery) luck dragon mesh plush
Skin: *Shai* song skin – Mei – bare CLV2
Horns: Illusions Runed Hornes: Aries
Hair Wasabi Pills claire mesh hair in licorice
Outfit: Plastik Roleplay / Arya outfit with the Furia dress, Corda necklace, Haila tattoo, Annamalie gloves, Odelia boots, and leggings
Makeup: Schadenfreude emperor vlinder, full
Eyes: Den-dou (vintage) violet
Ears: Schadenfreude mer-elf ears with ankhs and plugs
Lashes: Imabee miranda lashes
I was having a relaxing evening in my own home, trying to decide where to go this evening, and at my vanity table enjoying new releases from cheLLe and FLAIR for COSMETICS FAIR which opens tomorrow.
New mascara, new eyeshadow and nail polish – surely this means it’s going to be a fine evening. New makeup is always a good omen. Continue reading
Posted in Accessories, Avatar Customization, Blogging & Photography, Casual Wear, Expos, Fairs and Fundraisers, Eyes, Fashion Community Activities, Events & Feeds, Furniture, Garments, Hair, iheartslFeed, Lingerie, Pose Props, Poses, Prim Nails and Mani/Pedis, Second Life, Shapes, Skin, Styles, Tattoo Layer Makeup
Tagged CheLLe, DCNY, Flair, lassitude & ennui, Slink, Trompe Loeil, TRUTH, tuli
Leather and lace probably would have become a fashion cliche without Stevie Nicks, but she certainly helped it along. Has there been a season of Project Runway without some leather and lace walking down the runway, usually with flowing tulle. Well, it does not have to be a cliche as you can see in this very modern minimalist one button jacket with the small lace punctuation for R2 for Collabor88 and these great Napa leather pants from NYU for faMESHed.
Modern sensibilities continue with the jackets square cut open back. This is as angular as the front is curved. This is a jacket that is thoroughly modern with its few touches of romanticism nearly invisible, as in the black on black brocade sleeves. It is still feminine, but strong and modern. It looks forward, not back and there is not a sentimental stitch in its fabric. You can find it at Collabor88 in an array of bright colors as well as this black and white with a coordinating miniskirt. I opted to pair it with the NYU leather pants to change it up and drop any possibility of it bursting into song “you give me your leather…Take from me my lace.”
Posted in Eyes, Hair, iheartslFeed, Jackets, Jewelry, Mesh Hands & Feet, Pants, Poses, Second Life, Shoes, Showcases & Discount Rooms, Skin
Tagged adorkable, Baiastice, collabor88, faMESHed, Flair, Glam Affair, HANDverk, Insufferable Dastard, Nyu, r2, Slink, Vanity Hair