I found this flamingo in my inventory and could not resist not even a little bit. It’s a perfect way to spend my beautiful day in the government housing I actually call home. Further proof that a life of luxury and leisure is not impossible in the linden ghetto, I suppose. Continue reading
Posted in Accessories, Avatar Customization, Blogging & Photography, Casual Wear, Eyes, Furniture, Garments, Hair, iheartslFeed, Life Style, Home and Garden, Pose Props, Prim Nails and Mani/Pedis, Second Life, Shapes, Skin, Styles, Swimsuits
Tagged Belleza, fashion, savoir faire, Second Life, Second Life Fashion, Slink, Sn@tch, Trompe Loeil, TRUTH, vision by A:S:S
Day Two with no laptop and no Second Life®. but what with Plurk and the Second Life feeds, I am not completely cut off. In fact, I am developing a shopping list for when I get back.
- Summer in My Winter: I love the first picture. I like to see folks shoot from different angles and capture emotions with their snaps. It’s a great shot by Virtual Evangelical.
- Prim Perfect Talks at Home & Garden Expo: Prim Perfect will be hosting 17 or more creators in a Q&A format with audience participation/question time during the Expo. The complete schedule is posted here.
- Challenge Gallery 40: Engage and a Special Challenge: The Single Frame Stories website should just be bookmarked to check every week for the new challenge gallery because there is always something worth seeing. This week, Sinjin Cooperstone offers an amazing photo that I would love to have framed and on my wall.
- Second Life’s Favorite Game Show: Tymmerie Thorne presents a fun, excitement filled episode in the game we have all experienced – what was I wearing when I logged out.
- May Rain - I live in Oregon where May=Rain so this spoke to me no matter what. However, I really want you to check out the photos by Jule Lemondrop. The last one in particular is stunning.
Well, see, first I bought a house, then I renovated, and then I moved into it, and then I unpacked… Therefore it’s been a while since I’ve set foot in this magical land of Second Life. When I did log in, I found myself packing and moving! All moments of irony aside, I had to admit that it’s 90% easier to move house in SL. No blisters, for one, except on my trackpad finger.
When I returned, I also found a store of lovely things waiting for me. The Arcade skin from Pink Fuel, this outfit from Ingenue, and hair from Lamb. Feels like coming home, yep…
(Ah, GOSHDARNIT, I just noticed the halo of alpha around my hair in the above shot. Internal swearing! Look below instead, at the pretty hair with no alpha halo. Mesh, you remind me of invisiprims, sometimes.)
Eyes: Mutsu pure black eyes
Earrings: Ellabella Rainbow Peace
Lip ring: Ellabella Sweetly Bount
Tattoo: Katat0nik treat tattoo sleeves 3
Hair: Lamb These Days in milkshake
Skin: Pink Fuel Harley in peach shade, at the Arcade (skin #6)
Thing tattoo: Wicked Tattoos born evil
Wings: Wishbox dusk wings, group freebie
Shirt: Ingenue Fontaine in Sunshine
Skirt: Ingenue Sonia in Pique, in blush color
Boots: Lassitude & Ennui Phoebie boots in blush
Socks: Schadenfreude Thistle Luisa knee socks
My laptop’s graphic card died an ugly and painful death. Services were held at the Mac Store and it’s been shipped back to the factory for resurrection. Luckily, I can still stay in touch on my 10 year-old desktop, so long as I don’t try something too fancy. Remembering how incredibly fast it was when I got it 10 years ago, it’s funny how mind-numbingly slow it is now. Everything is relative.
- Blog the Beat: A Weekly Musical Challenge – Harlow Heslop jumps into the weekly challenge field with an innovative challenge that may be more interesting than most. I have mentioned before that it seems like many bloggers have lost their own voice by doing so many challenges, particularly those who only blog once or twice a week. If they do two challenges, they blog nothing driven by their own interests. That said, this challenge opens the door for a lot of creativity and should not generate dozens of look-alike responses. From her own first entry, Mirrors, it looks like it may inspire exciting creative exploration. So, to Blog the Beat, read the lyrics from her song of the week and see what pictures they inspire for you. Continue reading
It’s a long weekend for my avatar and I’ve got a new shop that got me beach ready in a hurry. Lacuna has released breezy maxi skirts and gorgeous toned bandeaux for sunning yourself on relaxing island days that are perfect as our thoughts turn to sunshine and the beach. Continue reading
Posted in Avatar Customization, Blogging & Photography, Casual Wear, Eyes, Fashion Community Activities, Events & Feeds, Garments, Hair, iheartslFeed, Jewelry, Poses, Prim Nails and Mani/Pedis, Review, Second Life, Shapes, Skin, Skirts, Styles, Swimsuits, Tattoo Layer Makeup
Tagged Belleza, Flair, Lacuna, maxi gossamer, Pretense, Slink, vision by A:S:S, wasabi pills
Well, my computer went wonky this morning. Each photo I shot crashed my entire laptop and turned my screen to a jumbled mess of multi colored pixels, so it is off for repairs. Fast repairs, I hope.
Meanwhile, I got a couple snaps of this outfit that features a gorgeous sleeveless top with gorgeous collar points on the collar. The folder comes with your choice of gold or silver collar points (or tips). I chose silver because the belt on the pants is silver, too. Collar points are more common in menswear, in particular Western style clothing. At one time no self-respecting country singer would be found without collar points.
Posted in Eyes, Hair, iheartslFeed, Mesh Hands & Feet, Pants, Poses, Showcases & Discount Rooms, Skin, Tops
Tagged adorkable, collabor88, Flair, Gizza, Glam Affair, Insufferable Dastard, LeLutKa, Remy, Slink
Ok ok I’m being a bit extreme. But I do like what I found this morning. I actually had a theme in mind and as ALWAYS when I have a theme it goes straight to hell and then I don’t get it done but serendipity shines down on me and I find other things.
1. Come on lets GO: I have an intense need to HAVE a summer this summer and this photo looks like everything I want to do. Now if only I could get into that bikini. Continue reading
I am ready to plan with my notebook and laptop tucked neatly into this fabulous tote from BSD Design Studio. The fun and flirty skirt is from the brand new store, Lacuna. it comes in all sorts of happy, stripey color combinations.
Strawberry Singh’s Teach Me Something meme appeals to me. To be honest, I do not do a lot of the memes and challenges because what with all the weekly challenges from colors, to Disney characters, to concept challenges to these weekly memes, a person can easily lose track of their own blogging and become just one more iteration of the various weekly themes. However, this meme is particularly fascinating. I would love to learn about skills people use in their real lives – and get an insight into their interests and passions outside of Second Life®.
In my professional life, I probably spent more time planning than doing. After all, there were lots of volunteers and members for the doing, carrying out the plans we made. I did all sorts of planning: planning for conferences, board meetings, dinners, auctions and other fundraisers; planning lobbying campaigns to pass legislation, planning electoral campaigns for candidates and for ballot measures, strategic planning for long-term growth and development. All these kinds of planning have unique challenges, but there are some core elements that they have in common. That is what I thought I might teach.
How to plan.
Posted in Bags & Handbags, Blogger Challenges, Casual Wear, Eyes, Hair, iheartslFeed, Jewelry, Mesh Hands & Feet, Poses, Second Life, Shoes, Showcases & Discount Rooms, Skin, Skirts, Tops
Tagged adorkable, BSD Design Studio, collabor88, Emery, Flair, Glam Affair, GLYDERZ, Insufferable Dastard, Lacuna, LaGyo, LeLutKa, Slink, wasabi pills
With all of the photoshopping and windlighting and fancy things we bloggers do to pictures, it’s easy to forget that this isn’t the usual SL’ers experience. Some people come onto the grid and don’t even know HOW to change the lights. Personally, I remember someone teaching me how to make the sun come back as being a brilliant day. I got lamps for my SL house just FOR WHEN IT WAS DARK. I literally didn’t know what else to do. Continue reading
Posted in Accessories, Avatar Customization, Blogging & Photography, Casual Wear, Dresses, Eyes, Fashion Community Activities, Events & Feeds, Garments, Hair, iheartslFeed, Jewelry, Poses, Prim Nails and Mani/Pedis, Review, Second Life, Shapes, Skin, Styles, Tattoo Layer Makeup
Tagged amacci, Belleza, Earthstones, Exile, Flair, Pretense Poses, PXL Creations, savoir faire, Second Life, Second Life Fashion, Slink, Sysy's
Giz Seom goes big. Look at the size of that print and of those sleeves. That is the hallmark of a designer confident and unafraid to take risks. I love the floral chintz fabric even though in careless hands it could look like a sofa cushion or the remnants of curtains ripped from the windows to make a gown to impress a certain dashing gentleman. But these are not careless hands, so it looks bold, fresh and ready to conquer.
Posted in Dresses, Eyes, Hair, iheartslFeed, Jewelry, Poses, Prim Nails and Mani/Pedis, Second Life, Shoes, Skin
Tagged adorkable, Donna Flora, Flair, Fresh Fx, Gizza, House of London, MiaMai, Slink