As interesting as many of Berry’s memes may be, I skip most of them because I have my own voice and don’t want my own posts and ideas lost in weekly memes. However, this week’s meme is about one of my favorite things – books! I cannot resist.
- Are you a bookworm? – Yes, I usually have a fiction and nonfiction book and a magazine in the process of being read at all times.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – Paperback. I like the size, they are lightweight which is nice since I have had arthritis in my hands since I was twelve. I like my Kindle, but when I fall asleep reading it and it drops and hits me on the nose, it hurts more than a paperback.
- Which book is your favorite? – I have many favorites for different reasons, but one that go back to again and again and have re-read more than any other is Black Lamb and Grey Falcon by Rebecca West. There is a singular precision to her prose that I love. If you read it, you will know that the common “we didn’t know” excuses from the Allies about the Holocaust are untrue. They knew, she wrote about it before the war.
- Which children’s book is your favorite? – Pippi Longstocking. There is no other contender no matter what my sister says. She claims it is Five Little Peppers and How They Grew, but that’s her favorite book, not mine. I don’t even remember reading it.
- What’s the last book you’ve read? – The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. At first I thought it was going to be too hipster for me, but it was not. I loved it. Continue reading
So I did Berry’s What’s your Digits Challenge today and here is what I got..
Proportions Challenge Questions:
- Do you try and keep your avatar’s body proportionate and similar to the “average” proportions pictured above? – I guess not, I try t make them some what realistic but I’m not a stickler to making it perfectly proportionate. I think it’s really almost impossible to do so given the limited range in number on the mesh.
- What do you dislike the most about the SL avatar mesh? – The back, it does this strange wonky thing near the pits unless you go full throttle on the shoulder slider.
- Does it bother you when you see other avatars that are not proportionate at all? – That depends. There are some people (most of whom I think are probably men) who want that super exotic and shapely female body but go crazy on the tits and ass and max them out. Like, come on…who looks like that? But, it’s SL..so live out your fantasy I guess. Who am I to judge?
- Even though this is a virtual world and people can be anything they want to be, do you feel when they are in human form, they should try to keep their proportions close to average? Like I said, they can do what they want but I think pony riders and trex arms look ridiculous and wish that trend would do away.
Let’s talk about how hard it is to find ANYTHING miniature in SL. Making this poster was very time consuming and difficult but I’m loving the end result. I made the buildings, bridge, roads, pose, trees and grass myself. Basically, the only thing I didn’t make are the vehicles and the things I’m wearing. Post Processing involved adding the ppl and some of the background which is from the original poster. I also had to mod my shape a bit too, I made her SUPA TALL, like, I maxxed out the height stuff. Strawberry Singh issued this challenge and since I was already making movie inspired pictures for the Hair Fair Contest…I thought what the hell. I hope you enjoy my poster as much I do!
Hybie Is Wearing:
Skin: Belleza – Berry Pale 5
Hair: TuTy’s – DIVA Vintage Hair – Copper
Top: eTude – bra – white
Skirt: Happy Undead – Mini SKirt Vinyl White
Pose – Custom Made By Me