This gorgeous new Belted Dress from Gizza demonstrates how much textures affect clothing. Giz Seom made this with a casual, everyday argyle as well as this glamorous club-hopping snakeskin. The argyle has a turtleneck collar as well while the snakeskin has a jeweled necklace that I decided not to wear – going for something simpler. You can see the options from the vendor picture below.
Meanwhile, The Arcade has inspired me to have a vacation home in the mountains. The lodge from Scarlet Creative is a snug, small little cabin which is what you want. You don’t want such a big vacation home that you spend all your vacation cleaning. I have been decorating it with lots of items from The Arcade, including the wonderful ISPACHI wood carvings. There were some excellent electric signs from Seven Emporium and you can assume what you will about the one I chose.
As interesting as many of Berry’s memes may be, I skip most of them because I have my own voice and don’t want my own posts and ideas lost in weekly memes. However, this week’s meme is about one of my favorite things – books! I cannot resist.
- Are you a bookworm? – Yes, I usually have a fiction and nonfiction book and a magazine in the process of being read at all times.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – Paperback. I like the size, they are lightweight which is nice since I have had arthritis in my hands since I was twelve. I like my Kindle, but when I fall asleep reading it and it drops and hits me on the nose, it hurts more than a paperback.
- Which book is your favorite? – I have many favorites for different reasons, but one that go back to again and again and have re-read more than any other is Black Lamb and Grey Falcon by Rebecca West. There is a singular precision to her prose that I love. If you read it, you will know that the common “we didn’t know” excuses from the Allies about the Holocaust are untrue. They knew, she wrote about it before the war.
- Which children’s book is your favorite? – Pippi Longstocking. There is no other contender no matter what my sister says. She claims it is Five Little Peppers and How They Grew, but that’s her favorite book, not mine. I don’t even remember reading it.
- What’s the last book you’ve read? – The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. At first I thought it was going to be too hipster for me, but it was not. I loved it. Continue reading
There is a new gorgeous, delicate, set of lingerie at Adam n Eve that is a must have for you girls who collect lingerie like some people pick up lint.
I meant that like a good thing. Hmmmmm. ANYWAY. I was a little excited because her colors have names that make sense. Popcorn = soft yellow/cream color LIKE POPCORN. It never fails to vex me when I want to put something on and the color is TEQUILA. WHAT THE HELL COLOR IS TEQUILA ?
A delicate, elegant lingerie set, this new release also includes appliers for you not so delicate wearers of the big ass and paste on boobies. They have names but I can’t even remember them. If you wear them you know what I mean. So this lingerie will be suited for ladies of all kinds of butt and boob size.
Thunder and dark clouds rolled in from the sea as I tried to get myself together this morning. How am I supposed to be inspired to wake up and be pretty when the world is so gloomy?
It is especially difficult to get up since I got this new bed from Scarlet Creative – she knows what a girl likes, comfy pillows and fluffy blankets make my bed too wonderful to get out of, especially today. You can pick this up at COLLABOR88 along with this hair from CLAWTOOTH. Continue reading
I decided that it was high time I too acknowledged how fancy and important I was by getting myself a personal assistant in SL. However, I didn’t want one I would pay a pittance and then would be responsible for answering customer NCs if they came in, and for reminding me to make items for events.
No, I wanted on that would be at my beck and call 24/7 and who would make things appear that I wanted, for no other reason than because I was dreaming of them in RL. I wanted someone with MAGIC.
So, I got myself a fairy. Continue reading
It was a busy day at the office yesterday. My To Do list was a mile long and I don’t think it got any shorter by the end of my day. Fortunately, Cajsa has put up a lovely new office at Glookbone so at least if I have to sort through the work part of my SL I have a pretty place to do it. Continue reading
Dress by Leverocci
Like many other fashionistas who have long enjoyed and appreciated Gala Phoenix’s skins, I was thrilled to read that a settlement had been reached and Curio’s doors are open once again. To celebrate, Gala released an entire pack of her skins, with all the makeups and all the tones, to her in-world group. What a generous gift, especially in celebration of what must have been a very frustrating process. I think many people are feeling frustrated. I know I have mixed emotions. My celebration that Curio has returned to the grid is tempered by the very real disappointment that the settlement precludes the storybook verdict and vindication that all the courtroom dramas promise us.
This has not been the best morning. I just spent twenty minutes running around this Linden neighborhood looking for my cat. WHERE IS MY CAT? She wasn’t in bed with me like she should be. The Kittycats hud won’t find her. WHERE IS MY CAT? And – somehow, in the night, someone has stolen all of my nail polish. My entire rack is empty and I know for a FACT I locked the doors. I was not starting out right at all. Plus, I was tired. Continue reading
It’s true. I have moved into a Linden Home – albeit probably temporarily.
Remember when they came out? And it was like wow, you can put one decent sofa in there and maybe a table and then you are out of prims? Well, with mesh, that’s all changed. I did some very cursory shopping – but my first pass at living a more modest lifestyle has begun, we’ll see how it suits me. Continue reading