1. Flowers In My Attic: One of the definite premier events on the Grid is BACK with a new theme for September and Whimsy Winx has decided to show us that there is something even for you folks wearing bunny heads. So you see? All events aren’t for Barbies. Come on out, Bunny Head Wearers Welcomed! Continue reading
It’s been a long time since I posted a Fast Five, mainly a combination of working on the Love Donna Flora event and my laptop breaking again. I need to get back into my blogging routine.
- This Doesn’t Happen Often – But I’m Offended. Raquella Warholl of La Brujita is offended and so am I. She is writing about the ill-conceived Homeless Awareness Hunt. Even the best of intentions can go awry when care is not taken to avoid perpetuating myths and stereotypes and when the objects of your compassion become caricatures. The hunt-organizer Joshuan Banx has a different opinion and offers his rebuttal by Clearing the Air.
- The Drax Files: World Makers [Elie Spot] She is one of the most successful SL designers and makes it sound so inviting. I also love that the Love Donna Flora! sim is captured forever in the video as part of the video is shot there. Continue reading
My Fast Fives nearly always begin with me ego surfing IheartSL for my own poses being blogged. Yes. I actually do that. I can’t help it, I’m an egomaniac but also, I love to see the creativity and how people use the little poses I make. And because I was ego-surfing I found some good things that it’s a moral imperative that I share with you today.
1. Cold Frog and I – Dido Haas took freebies from an art exhibit, hung items and a new release or two and made art. I love these pics.
2. Summer Breeze: Evion Ember took the time to make a Bandana for Bandana Day at Hair Fair 2013 and blogs about how rewarding the experience was and how she chose the texture for her bandana. It’s lovely. Continue reading
Today I’m highlighting posts from some of my favorite folks on the grid, as well as a something that I spotted that looks kinda cool.
Let’s take a look…
1. It’s a Beautiful Day: Whimsy puts together a great look featuring fun from My Attic and other goodies. It’s an adorable girly look so you know, I’d have loved it if it wasn’t Whimsy anyway.
Hello my pretties. I saw a couple of posts today that made me scratch my head and go huh? But, that’s probably because I don’t much peak outside the world of fashion blogs in SL because fashion in SL IS MY WORLD.
That being said, let’s see what I’ve dug up for you.
1. Avatar Self Portraits In Landscapes: This is inspired by Botgirls post, and begs the question, is this any different from me finding a cool location courtesy of Hybie or Honour and shooting fashion there? Is it?
2. Pouty Avatar Selfies: This is the post that puzzled me, thus I invite discussion. My entire flickr is so called Selfies, because I blog fashion. I don’t take pics of other things, my friends don’t take pics of other things for the most part – so, is this bad? I feel kind of weird being compared to the duck lipped selfy shooters of RL Facebook fame when what I do is actually a bit more complex than that. But maybe in my 2nd existence, it happens to be the same and I don’t know it. Maybe the RL Ducklip girls don’t know they’re a joke either. Continue reading
Well it’s the anniversary of D-Day. It’s not a big fashion event but I thought I’d mention it as it was rather important so give it a tip of the hat at least. And now, some completely not military nor WW2 themed posts that I enjoyed today.
1. Under My Umbrella: A celebration of color and looking back at May’s Collabor88 which is getting ready to close. You need to run fast if you want to get any of the goodies and this post was a great reminder of what is going to be gone soon soon soon soon.
2.Caged Bird: Khitten Kurka brings the curvy avatar to us in a sexy way. She’s one of my favorite curvy bloggers and always presents crisp clear photos and inspires shopping. Her styling in these photos is concise and relevant. Nicely done. Continue reading
Ok ok I’m being a bit extreme. But I do like what I found this morning. I actually had a theme in mind and as ALWAYS when I have a theme it goes straight to hell and then I don’t get it done but serendipity shines down on me and I find other things.