It’s been a long time since I posted a Fast Five, mainly a combination of working on the Love Donna Flora event and my laptop breaking again. I need to get back into my blogging routine.
- This Doesn’t Happen Often – But I’m Offended. Raquella Warholl of La Brujita is offended and so am I. She is writing about the ill-conceived Homeless Awareness Hunt. Even the best of intentions can go awry when care is not taken to avoid perpetuating myths and stereotypes and when the objects of your compassion become caricatures. The hunt-organizer Joshuan Banx has a different opinion and offers his rebuttal by Clearing the Air.
- The Drax Files: World Makers [Elie Spot] She is one of the most successful SL designers and makes it sound so inviting. I also love that the Love Donna Flora! sim is captured forever in the video as part of the video is shot there.
- Artfish: Of the Baroque and Tactile. Dita Actor does amazing photos and styling and I recommend browsing through her blog One Part Ourfish to see more than just this post. I wish, however, that she showed credits.
- Is Firestorm the Viewer For You? Ed Merryman points out that Firestorm is not for everybody and that’s okay. Lette Pannier writes a companion piece with more detail about different users, hoppers and squatters, and who and who will not find joy with Firestorm.
- SL Projects Update Week 33; Inara Pey does her priceless work reporting on upcoming projects, changes and improvements to Second Life. Folks will be most interested, I think, in the texture thrashing and group bans. Folks have been seeing textures load and then reload and not settle into sharp focus and the Lab is trying to track down the culprit. Group bans – well, anyone who manages a group is going to be happy to see that. It’s in development, but not yet ready.
This post doesn't have any plurk response,click here to plurk page