Autumn is the time for layers and layers of knits and wools and cuddling up warm and cozy or running through the woods kicking the leaves up into the air. The secret to comfort in the fall is layering so that you can take something off while in a heated room or in the heat of the sun and put it back on when the sun hides behind a cloud. In this outfit, I layered a cozy thermal knit top from Sakide with a short wool jacket from VoguE. I have that top in every color and only wish there were more colors of it – one of my favorite wardrobe basic of all time. The jacket is part of an outfit from Vogue that comes with pants, gloves, top, the works, but there’s no reason not to pull out the pieces to mix and match with something else. I blogged the jacket about a year ago with the gloves. It’s one of those striking pieces that work well with others.
I fell in love with the new skirt from Marcopol Oh for La Penderie de Nicole. I had to google penderie to discover it means closet. Funny how French works to add the drama to a word. La Penderie de Nicole sounds so much more chic and fancy than Nicole’s Closet. Of course, we could say Nicole’s Armoire – but thats borrowing from French as well. Well, penderie or closet, the skirt is a lush knit that wraps us in autumn comfort, or should I say automne?
I added bold bracelets from +plus and Mandala and a gorgeous necklace from HANDverk for FAIR to accessorize. I love the rich wood of the necklace and its bold look-at-me demand.
The hair from Exile is a lovely casual style that wraps itself around just about anything for a luscious look. This picture also gives you a closer look at the necklace.
Store info at Blogging Second Life
- Poses: Di’s Opera
- Skin: Glam Affair – Lilith – Artic 08 Red
- Eyes: Poetic colors classic – forest morning (m) bright
- Lashes: Lelutka / Maitreya
- Mani/Pedi: Leverocci – Round Nails_1FA_BurgundyManicure
- Hair: ::Exile:: Uninvited:Ember
- [ SAKIDE ] See-through Ribbed Shirt Red
- *VoguE* Kate Winter Jacket – Dark Chocolate
- La Penderie de Nicole::My Maxi knitted Skirt::Warm/M
- Jewelry: +plus*Summer Essence Bangle in Red*
- [HANDverk]Disk Necklace.wood.chest at FAIR
- [MANDALA] Takara Bangle Dark wood A (resize)[R]
- [ glow] studio Early Morning Earth Gold Earrings at FAIR (not visible in pic)
- Location: Cafe Adrastea at Lettuce