Purple Moon sought retro inspiration for Vintage Fair in the classic little wool suits of Coco Chanel drawing on the familiar Chanel motifs – richly texture boucle wool fabric in classic colors and prints, piping on the seams that emphasize the structure and fit, and easy elegance. Aptly naming her suits Jackie after the woman who popularized the look in America, she featured two dramatic looks for Vintage Fair.
I like to combine vintage with modern elements such as these very modern pumps from MiaMai and the gorgeous tote from NYU, grounding my look in today while pulling from the past.
The poses, by the way, are also for Vintage Fair, using the Explorer and Traveler sets made for carrying suitcases – or big totes, as the case may be. The lighting was shot this way in-world – using a texture on a projector and shifting it around to suit.
I love the little details in this jacket, including the bit of pull and rippling where the jacket buttons as though it’s just a bit tight across the torso.
My hair style is from Vanity Hair for Vintage Fair, a chic updo that shows off the great Vintage Fair earrings from Bliensen & MaiTai.
I am wearing the Belleza Betty skin that I wore yesterday – but going back a decade where the lipstick was darker and the eyes less stylized.
Store info at Blogging Second Life
- Poses: Status
- Skin: -Belleza- Betty Pale Vintage 2
- Eyes: Insufferable Dastard
- Lashes: Maitreya V.I.P. Group Gift – Mesh EyeLashes
- [LeLutka]-2011 lashes/curl/touch me
- Mani/Pedi: [ PXL ] Manicure – Red #1
- Hair: Vanity Hair:Cohimbra HP-Feux
- Vanity hair base Feux
- :: PM :: Jackie Skirt in Black Boucle MESH
- :: PM :: Jackie Skirt in Black&White MESH
- :: PM :: Jackie Vest in Black Boucle MESH
- :: PM :: Jackie Vest in Black&White MESH
- Shoes: Miamai_Daisy Coco Charcoal
- Jewelry: :: PM :: Coco Sunglasses in Black
- Bliensen + MaiTai – Lilo – Onyx – Silver – Earrings
- NYU – Suede Leather Bag, Red (R-Hand)