The other day Inex Hax asked for same suggestions for this elegant houndstooth dress she was about to release for Peqe. I suggested Baskerville and then, for some reason, did not see follow-up replies because Plurk was being glitchy. So, when I logged in and saw an object from her named Cajsa, I assumed that she had labeled it for delivery. Until I opened it and saw that the box was called Cajsa because the dress was called Cajsa and that was when my eyes popped and I said, “Hey, that’s me!” Like anyone, I am thrilled to have a design named after me, especially when my name confounds so many people. Even better, though, when the dress is so very much “my style” like this dress. You all know I have a deep, abiding love for sheath dresses and pencil skirts, prints and elegant designs that pull from the past but look to the future. This is all that in one.
I am also very excited by the new shoes from Kunglers. I believe these are their first foray into shoe design and what a debut. They released two editions of these Morgana pumps, one with metal heels and the other with python uppers. There are six colors for each edition and they are non-rigged mesh. The texturing is stunning and the colors are rich and exciting.
I continued to use pops of red to contrast with the black and white of the dress. Red nails from Leverocci, jewelry from DeLa and Maxi Gossamer and a cherry red lip gloss all add little flashes of color. The hair is from Lamb – a Hair Fair 2012 release.
What really excites me when I see designers reach back for classic fabrics and shapes is when I see them transform them and make them completely modern with some detail such as the studs on the stand up collar. This update to a classic is how fashion reinvents and reinvigorates and what makes some designs more exciting than others. It’s no wonder, then, that I feel very grateful and hugely complimented by her choice of this dress to name after me. p.s. I look very calm in the photos, but inside I am jumping up and down.
I shot these pictures using the Alchemy Immortalis Dark Foggy Night windlight setting and two projectors, which is why you see two shadows.
Store info at Blogging Second Life
- Poses: oOo Studio
- Skin: [PXL] KATE NAT NE MEB C1
- Makeup Tattoos: [PXL] KATE NAT Cherry Lips Glossy (Tattoo)
- [PXL] KATE NAT Cat Eyes (Tattoo)
- Eyes: Poetic Colors classic – forest morning (m) bright
- Lashes: [LeLutka]-2011 lashes/curl/touch me
- Maitreya V.I.P. Group Gift – Mesh EyeLashes
- Mani/Pedi: Leverocci – Round Nails_1FA_ScarlettPlain
- Hair: !lamb. Falling (Mesh) – Ugly Red Lipstick
- Clothing: Peqe – Cajsa white
- Shoes: (Kunglers) Morgana pumps Scarlet
- Jewelry: Maxi Gossamer MG – Earrings – Tokyo Tears
- =DeLa*= Bangle “Carmen – a” Garnet (R)
- =DeLa*= Bangle “Carmen – b” Garnet