Essential is the word for Médecins Sans Frontières MSF (Doctors Without Borders) who, because they are independent of any government agenda, go where they are needed without fear or favor. One of the places they go is Cameroon where they provide critical work fighting drug resistant HIV, Buruli ulcers and cholera. You can help support this work with an expedition to Culture Shock.
One of the complaints my friends from Africa have voiced is that too often, all we hear from Africa is war, famine and disease. We don’t hear about the vibrant culture and the joy of Africa. A Cameroonian poet Emmanuel Fru Doh wrote about this in his poem Telling Africa. I think it is important that while supporting this essential work of MSF, we remember that the people they serve are more than their diseases, that they have a rich cultural tradition and a long history. That link will take you to a collection of Cameroonian poetry – a small window into the wider panorama of life there.
One of my complaints about mesh is the difficulty of mixing pieces from different creators. I had no trouble, though, mixing this skirt from Echo with the top from Eclectic Apparel. I added colorful leggings recently released by MiaMai and some boots from Leverocci. I am using the new scaffolding pose prop from Status, Gidge’s pose store. It’s available at Culture Shock along with the skirt and top.
The scaffolding fit in so well at Virtual Decay, I just had to shoot it there.
The earrings and ring are from Miao for Disco Deals – which is a too-short event so you better hurry over there right away. The hair is from Exile for Culture Shock and I know I wore it yesterday. I love it!
Store info at Blogging Second Life
- Poses: Status Scaffolding (at Culture Shock)
- Skin: -Glam Affair – Giselle – Light R 03
- Eyes: MADesigns EYES_INDIVIDUAL – a loner
- Lashes: [LeLutka]-2011 lashes/curl/touch me
- Mani/Pedi: Mandala
- Hair: ::Exile:: Groove Theory:Persimmon (at Culture Shock)
- Miamai_Alexandra Pink
- (nova) cashmere kneehighs BLACK
- [Echo] Ligature Leather Mesh Skirt [S] (at Culture Shock)
- e! Lauren Top (Pink) M (at Culture Shock)
- Shoes: Leverocci – Range Boots
- Jewelry: =^^= MIAO Angie Earrings (at Disco Deals)
- Location: Virtual Decay