I DJ’ed last night at The Velvet and put together a fun set full of mambos, tangos and sambas with a bit of jive and other things to spice it up. I wanted to wear something samba-worthy and remembered this top I picked up at The Dressing Room Blue. It was from Mimikri, so I dived into my Mimikri folder to find a silver skirt to wear with it – and adapting this skirt from the Adele dress worked perfectly.
I love putting together different sets that explore a mood or a beat and have a lot of fun spinning my songs on Monday nights. My long-time friend and former partner is the manager at The Velvet and has really brought a new spirit to the place. If you have not been there in awhile, you might want to try it again. The old “We are cooler than you,” vibe is long gone and there’s a friendly spirit that focuses on the sheer pleasure of sharing music. There’s a blog that you should check out with posts from many of the DJ’s updating readers on upcoming sets.
I decided to wear these fun KIA wedge sandals from Lelutka. I thought about some court shoes for dancing, but since I don’t have to worry about tripping over the platforms in SL, I went for these instead. The jewelry is from Dark Mouse – the Roses are Blue set that seemed made for this top and silver skirt.
My skin is from Glam Affair – Leah, the fabulous face being released today. I have a lipstick tattoo on from the companion Cosmetic Bag that is just luscious. The hair is called Shock and is from Tuty’s.
Store info at Blogging Second Life
- Reel Expressions
- -Glam Affair- Leah Light – 05 Red
- -Glam Affair- Leah Eyebrows shape A
- -Glam Affair – Leah Lipstick 09
- PoeticColors classic – forest morning (m) bright
- [LeLutka]-2011 lashes/curl/touch me
- [ PXL ] Manicure – Nat #1 WhiteFrench
- Tuty’s SHOCK – electric bob – red (s)
- Mimikri – Chiffon Blouse Jackie bondi blue
- Mimikri – Sculpted Mini/Alexa silver
- [LeLutka]-K.I.A. ShoesDeep Capri
- Dark Mouse Roses are Blue Jewelry