The Shimmy Dress from ICING is one of those wardrobe foundations that you can build a wardrobe around. It has all the hallmarks of an investment dress – a classic silhouette that is never out of style, multiple layer options to coordinate with other clothing, colors that work in every season, and quality construction that is deceptively simple. These are qualities that make a dress take on a different mood as its styled with different accessories.
This is the dress for the quick change artist in you. In this post I will show you how easy it is to take a good investment dress and make several looks from high fashion to funky bohemian to vintage classic, all with a few accessory changes. Don’t for a second think this was all, either. I had several other possibilities in mind, but thought five was more than enough to make the case for this investment dress. There are many investment pieces out there. While not making it an official “challenge” I would love to see what ideas you have for investment purchases that build a versatile wardrobe.
For the sleek sophisticate with a cheeky twist on vintage, you can add this obi-belt from Fishy Strawberry. Always chic, strappy sandals from N-Core add sophistication and the satirically exaggerated beehive from Vanity Hair add that element of wit that elevates the look to urbane sophistication.
The SeaHorse jewelry from Donna Flora also add beauty and that note of not-taking-it-all-too-seriously.
The big geometric of the belt from M * A * II * K * I add a more modern look. This is accentuated by the big, loose waves of the Blythe hairstyle from Lelutka. This a an elegant day to evening look, perfect for the office and ready for the evening.
The Earthstones Chandraki jewelry continues to add another element of bold geometry. These are the necessary casual elements that make this more appropriate for work.
Now I added a layer – from a sexy, retro print dress from House of Hucci. This is perfect for the lunch date with your besties and a fun, energetic look for the office. The lime green contrast color guided my choice of Baistice Boots and the snakeskin belt from Artilleri.
A wild updo from Exile and modern jewelry from Manadala finish off this look. Again, a focus on more casual choices make this great for daytime dressing.
Removing one sleeve (or two) and tossing on a fur wrap from Bliss Couture and some palest blue pumps create a chic, look for the night time.
Crimped hair from Lelutka and minimalist modernity of the Mood necklace, earrings and bangles give you a sleek, upscale look perfect for a date or party.
A sparkly jacket and the addition of a braid make this a dress for a night of romance. You can wear it to the opera or dancing. Actually, I got two invitations to dance while I was shooting this particular option for this dress. That jacket may be a man magnet. I may never remove it.
The Oscar hair with it crimping and braids can look casual or simply so-so-so sophisticated. The diamond parure from Paper Couture dresses it up the nth degree.
- Poses: Skin & Bones
- Skin: -Belleza- Chloe Pale 29
- Eyes: Poetic Colors classic – forest morning (m) dark
- Lashes: [LeLutka]-2011 lashes/curl/touch me
- Nails: [ PXL ] Manicure – Nat #3 WhiteFrench
- Dress: *ICING* Shimmy Dress – Teal
- Location: Prada Venezia City Showcase
- Hair: Vanity Hair: The Blind Side HP-Poivre
- and Vanity hair base poivre
- *Fishy Strawberry* Geisha Leather Belt – Deep Sea (right pec)
- P.C; Antique Filigree Ring
- Donna Flora SEAHORSE Necklace and Earrings
- Shoes: N-core CAPRICE Base
- Hair: [LeLutka]-BLYTHE hair – Rita and [LeLutka]-HAIRBASE Rita
- Jewelry: EarthStones Chandraki Set – Silver Larimar
- Belt: M * A * ii * K * I High Waisted Belt *Patent Turquoise*
- Shoes: N-core CAPRICE Base
- Dress/Print: ::HH:: Hucci GeoPrint Tube Dress 4
- Belt: /artilleri/ snakeskin sash belt *green* MEDIUM (pelvis)
- Hair::Exile:: Jaela:Roots-Persimmon
- Boots: Baiastice-Nicki Ankle Boots-green
- Jewelry: Zaara ZC: ID special bangles L (green) and
- [MANDALA]SINRA set
- Fur Wrap: ! Bliss Fur ! Watanabe Fur Wrap (Teal)
- Jewelry: ::MOOD:: Pangani Set
- [LeLutka]-OSCAR hair – Rita
- [LeLutka]-Saffron Pumps_ (Soft Sky)
- [LeLutka]-Saffron Pumps
- Bliss Couture Sparkle Jacket
- Paper Couture:P.C; Diamond Collar and Earrings
- LeLutka]-OSCAR braid – Rita and hair