What with one thing and another, Gidge and I have decided to enter the fraught fray of awards and accolades with our own entry – the Fabbies. The Fabbies will recognize excellence in blogging wherever we see it and recipients are encouraged to post the award banner on their winning post. There are some rules and criteria that we should go over now.
- When dicussing the Fabbies, anyone who says the entire name of the award, “It’s Only Fabulous” must say fabulous! with a joyous trill.
- The most important criterion for judging is that are no criteria. Posts may be selected for humor, topicality, fabulous photography or any other reason that flutters our wings.
- Actually, there are some criteria that limit the pool under consideration, but not the reasons for winning.
- The post or photo must have been uploaded/posted in the past 10 days.
- The topic must be Second Life®.
- It must be fabulous.
- Awards will not be awarded on specific days of the week – or on any specific schedule. That’s too much like work.
Employees of the It’s Only Fashion hereafter referred to as IOF, IOF’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons OR PETS residing at the same household whether or not related.
And now, without further hoo-hah, I am pleased to announce the first recipient of a Fabbie, Nikkita Auerbach of Second Life® Fashion Addict for her fun and informative and fabulous post Schrodinger: Genius or Just a Guy Who Hated Cats. In this post, she not only explains the logic problem of Shrodinger’s Cat illustrated within SL – but does so with wit and Cecil Adams. How many SL posts bring the world’s smartest human into the fray? For this and general fabulosity, I am happy to congratulate Nikkita Auerbach and present her with this Fabbie.