posted by Gidge Uriza
Where I come from, when someone has a death in the family, their friends, neighbors and family come with cakes and casseroles to stock the pantries and fridge so that the mourning don’t have to even consider food -it’s just there ready and waiting.
If you follow me on Plurk you know that over the past month I’ve dealt with the ongoing drama of a 18 year old 4 legged feline member of my family who I loved more than I realized. But as things progressed Silo and I did everything we could do to keep her with us – and in the end, Tuesday to be exact – her 18 years caught up with her and now we’re left to mourn that little ball of fur.
5th and Oxford dropped me the Jori skirts and shirts that same day I plurked about my loss an grief, with the kindest note – saying she knew that some digital threads wouldn’t make up for my loss but that she was thinking of me.
I think it’s a great testament to the community we have amongst one another – we Fashion Mafia members. (yeah you’re a member, don’t act innocent. I see you).
I was completely touched, and wouldn’t have been more fulfilled by any cake or casserole – so thank you to 5th and Oxford – for your kindness in the face of my grief……and as always, for making our Second Lives beautiful.
I will never forget your thoughtfullness. 🙂 Thank you.
***Bold R Indicates a Review or Promotional Copy and NO I am not counting the present from 5th and Oxford. That was a present.***
- Shape – Gidge Custom Shape by Hatchy Mills
- Skin – PXL Creations – July – Sunkissed Tone – Coffee Lips R
- Hair – Dark Mouse- Trish – Dark Blonde R
- Nails – PXL Creations – Blue 1 – White French
- Shoes – Armidi Gisaci – Vidalia Pumps Fui Fui Turquoise
- Jewelry – Dark Mouse- Devine Deco Earrings and Bracelet R
- Ring – EarthStones – Destiny Bridal Set R
- Eyes – Poetic Color -Lavender Field