I put some real effort in getting dressed for the SCD-Glitterati Winter Formal last night. With the request to wear white, the chances of duplicating someone else’s look were much higher, so I decided to make something completely new by combining two gowns into one. This is the result and I think it was a triumph. Or it would have been if some IRL friends didn’t drop by about 15 minutes into the party with pizza and a movie. So, I officially spent longer getting dressed than I did at the party.
The base for my look is a cocktail dress from Mami Jewel of Azul – a dress I blogged back in June – but I am wearing only the system pieces, the bodice and glitch pants. To form the maribou skirt and collar, I used the prim pieces from Gracie’s Glamorous Garbo gown. I had to shift a few individual prims around the bodice and drop the skirt a bit lower to fit, but it worked pretty easily and I think made a great new outfit.
The jewelry is from Paper Couture. I saw some sneak peeks of their new collection on the feed today and am eagerly waiting the opening of Tableau. The lovely updo is Tanya from Truth.
The skin is the fabulous group gift from Belleza. Those too cool for school lashes are from MiaMai. I am thrilled to have some new options in no-alpha lashes.
Promotional Copies are denoted by a Bold R
- Poses: Reel Expression
- Skin: Belleza Alyson SK Group Gift
- Eyes: PXL Creations Glow Yellow Green R
- Lashes: MiaMai NoAlpha Lashes No2
- Hair: Truth Tanya
- Dress: System Pieces from Azul Special Gift White Dress
- Prim Pieces from Gracies Glamorous Garbo Sweet
- Gloves: 5th & Oxford White Leather Gloves R
- Jewelry: Paper Couture Diamond Pearl Earrings/Necklace, Fai Rodis Winter Crystal Bracelet
- Shoes: Baiastice Crystal White