Sophia Loren is an immortal fashion icon. Her exquisite taste and good looks have been exemplars of what great fashion can look like for decades. La Couture Chapeau has offered up a tribute to her timeless style by recreating some of her iconic hats such as this red one that demonstrates an utterly outsized extravaganza of a hat can be perfect. That proportion can be wildly disproportionate and work.
La Loren wore this with a red dress, but that bold tomato red is a hard color to match well and I went for an easier way – going with black and white with red accents. Red, white and black always make me want polka dots – so I went for that as well – with the Instyle Lydia dress that has a red/white polka dot belt and the sixty-nine polka dot shoes. Unfortunately, looking for InStyle after I shot this, I found it has closed – but know that you can find similar retro styling at Ingenue, 1-800-Betty, Ivalde and Total Betty. The key to making that huge hat work is a simple, clean dress with a pencil skirt.
And really, this look is about the hat. It’s all about the hat.
No promotional items in this outfit
- Poses: Reel Expression
- Skin: Curio Lovely Chocolate
- Eyes: Poetic Color Night Forest
- Lashes: Lelutka Diva Prim Lashes
- Hair: Armidi Symphony Twist
- Dress: InStyle Lydia Black Pencil skirt
- Shoes: 69 Candy Pumps
- Jewelry: Carolines’ BW Retro Dots Necklace and bracelent. KC Silver Bamboomerangs
- Hat: Couture Chapeau La Loren Firenze Chapeau