posted by Gidge Uriza
Every once in a while I end up with boy clothes from creators, and I always have to try them on. Because I never know when I’m going to find a gem. This jacket came to me from Bobo’s Masquerade (who also sent me girl clothes I haven’t tried on yet) and is part of a big men’s swashbuckler type outfit.
The instant I put on the tapestry textured jacket – I just knew which was I was going. I don’t know if you are familiar with Graham Norton of the BBC, but he dresses impeccably yet creatively – and one night Dolly Parton was the guest on his show.
She came onto the set, sat down and said “I love your jacket. My Grandma has a sofa just like that.”
We can’t truly thrift store shop in SL, as outside of good design house freebies and dollarbies – thrift store clothing would be unwearable (think old freebie warehouses). But we can definitely embrace that spirit by mixing up our inventory for a eclectic look that isn’t what is expected – which is how I arrived at these plaid pants by Little Rebel.
Plus, Dancien Graves said this jacket needed a belt.
I had the teensiest quibble and that was that the belt that originally came with this outfit was no mod. I could shrink the cuffs but not the belt, so it got trashed.
I routinely toss away face piercings but this time I was sort of intrigued by this one. I have no idea why. It’s find of festive and fun for a change.
And no, those of you paying attention, I’m not COURTING THE COLLAR. Stop it.
*** Bold R Indicates a Review Item***
- Shape – Gidge Custom Shape by Hatchy Mills
- Skin – Digit Darkes UnDress in Powder – Maraja R
- Eyes – Poetic Colors – Summer Skies – Lavender Fields
- Hair – Diversity Hair – Nika – Iconic Blonde
- Hairbob – Free Gift from Coco & Co
- Jacket – Bobo’s Masquerade – Aubusson – Jacket only R
- Pants – Little Rebel Plaid Pants with Belt
- Shoes – W.I.S.H. – Diamante Heels R
- Nose Ring – GRP Mana Drop
- Socks – nanogunk