posted by Gidge Uriza
King Henry the 8th took his 5th wife, Catherine Howard, straight from his 4th wife’s wedding party. He called her the ROSE WITHOUT THORNS. Presumably, a slam on his original Tudor Rose – Anne Boleyn – the raven haired beauty he had proclaimed to the world was his own true love.
Yet, Rose with or without Thorns – he beheaded them both.
He must’ve loved Anne more, though.
After all, she got the sword of a French Executioner and not the clumsy headsman’s axe, didn’t she?
This dress from SWA is a fantastic example of what great historical fashion can be. It’s simple, well made and actually properly in keeping with conservative Tudor fashion. Classic color combinations and styling really set this apart from some historical pieces that lean more toward “fantasy” – which is fine, it’s just not “historical”.
***Review and Promotional Items Noted with an R***
- Shape – Gidge Custom Shape
- Skin – Fleur – Allure – Alabaster Biba 1 R
- Hair – ETD – Phoebe – Black
- Eyes – FNKY – Purple Rain
- Dress – SWA- Tudor Rose R
- Shoes – *LA* Victoria Boot – Venetian Lace
- Earrings – P.C. Faceted Black Diamond Earrings