So while wandering the shops at Ivy Falls I came upon a shop with a mixed bag of clothes from different stores. Above the door, almost invisible to the casual shopper I saw this ballgown that seemed sort of anachronistic. The sleeves and skirt and all seemed like a historical gown, but the shirt fabric with the elephants was clearly modern. It occurred to me that bringing it into the future with a mini skirt would be kind of fun and be a great example of how mixing and matching can make 1 plus 1 equal 3.
So I added the high-waisted mini from Pixel Dolls in blue. Now the fabric is a perfect match for the sleeves – once I took off the ribbons and bells – but the color was wrong. However, Pixel Dolls lets you mod the colors so I hit the bright blue preset and got a great match.
I also tinted the comb on the Heart of Love hair I was wearing – getting it to coordinate with the blues in the dress and jewelry.
I decided on the Power Lapiz jewelry from Bare Rose, though I switched out the earrings for a light blue pair from DeLa, just to add a third light blue touch.
And then…when I got around to wearing the dress as it came, I decided I liked it better with the jacket layer from the skirt. If you contrast this with the first photo where the jacket is missing, I think you will agree.
There are no promotional items in this outfit.
- Poses: Annah
- Skin: PXL Linda LT Heart of Love skin
- Eyes: Poetic Color Eyes Sunny Glade
- Lashes: CyberNetic
- Nails: Symphony Skins Tintable
- Hair: Exile Shir for Heart of Love
- Top: Euridice by Morgana Luna *at shop in Ivy Falls (I could not figure out her profile picks at all)
- Skirt: Pixel Dolls Button high waist skirt Blue (tinted)
- Shoes: Stiletto Moody Pinup
- Necklace and Bracelets: Bare Rose Power Lapiz
- Earrings: Dela Berlioz Sky