posted by Gidge Uriza
Dressing like a grunge girl now poses the same problems for me that it did when I was a girl deeply enmeshed in the self-same music and culture. How to be a girly girl, in a scene that does not embrace the pink and frilly?
The answer of course, is carefully, very carefully.
I wanted to do Christmasy colors for this as it’s still the 12 days of Christmas and despite having purchased a custom skin, I suddenly was made aware (thanks Sasy) that I had a lovely holiday skin already – Holly from Aleri Darkes.
I love the bold make up on this skin – the green eyemake up really stands out and does remind me of liquid eyeliner or eyeshadow. If you’re going to be a grunge girl, you entire look must be extremely intentional yet casual.
If you’re too young to remember, ask me how we used to put V05 in our clean hair so it would look greasy – that’s all I’m saying.
If I owned these mah-johng bracelets in RL I would never take them off, I love them, they’re so versatile and kitsch – Fresh Baked Goods always rocks my world.
I have a few more challenges to go……who knew I’d get so many responses? Yikes!
All Photography by Cajsa Lilliehook of MDR Photo Studios
- Shape – Gidge Custom Shape
- Skin – Aleri Darkes – Virgo Fair – Drama – Holly
- Eyes – FNKY – Purple Rain
- Hair – ETD – Eglatine – Honey Blackened
- T-Shirt – Boing Fromage – “I’D HIT THAT” Tee
- Overshirt – from Jungle Wear – Got it on Onrez
- Jeans – SN@tch Rode Hard Jeans
- Shoes – Pornstar High Tops
- Earrings – SilverGreen from ONrez (gift from hubby)
- Bracelets – Baiastice bangles snake and zebra
- Bracelets – Fresh Baked Goods Bakelite Mooncake Mah Jong Bracelets (color change!)
- Nails – Love soul dark green