Posted by Gidge Uriza
In the middle of a shoot the other night Cajsa and I both got the group notice that there was about to be a fashion show – in approximately 30 minutes. We decided we would finish up the shoot and then slip into something LOW ARC yet fashionably acceptable, and roll over to see the show. It was designer we both adore so we were really looking forward to it.
28 minutes and 147 hairstyles reviewed by Cajsa later we were dressed and ready to go. So we pop over to the show.
I was sporting 364 ARC and Cajsa was 251. We were fairly proud of ourselves for peeling it down that low. Imagine our surprise when it appeared that not one other person in the room had done so. 1500,2500, 4000+ ARC’s were lagging the joint up so bad I was stunned. Seriously – did you just show up to a FASHION SHOW where we know lag is going to be a challenge, with a 4000 ARC?
Perhaps it’s lack of education? Okay then, school is in session.
Your ARC = your AVATAR RENDERING COST. It is essentially a measurement of how much lag YOU are causing OTHER people with all the stuff you have attached to your AV. Clothing which attaches increases your ARC. What to do? Here is what we, the self appointed ARC police suggest if you need to lower your ARC.
- Wear system clothes. Many designers, Poison Candy comes to mind but there are MANY others, have skirts and other items which are SYSTEM vs prim attachments. Wearing system clothes and shoes can really lower your ARC.
- Check out your hair. Turn on your Rendering Cost so it’s visible – go to ADVANCED – RENDERING and then it’s in the Information tab I believe – and yours and everyone elses ARC will show up above your head. Then, roll through your hair styles – find the one that equals the lowest ARC when on your body and use that one for high lag areas.
- Do the same thing with your SHOES – shoes that are really fantastic and intricate can be HELL on ARC.
- Create a low ARC outfit that looks pretty and you can throw on in a moments notice – SAVE it in appearance mode, name it something you’ll remember (choose MAKE OUTFIT and check ALL the boxes except renaming the items – unless you wanna do that).
- Be aware of times when low ARC is helpful and of times that it is expected. BUSY shopping areas – LOW ARC can help out. Fashion shows and big events – often low ARC is really expected.
These are just ideas ……but they can help everyone else out – and if you are helping them out, maybe they will help you out too.
Class dismissed. There will be a quiz on Friday.
All Photos by Cajsa Lilliehook of MDR Photo Studios
Fashion Details CAJSA
- Skin – Slink Isabelle MakeUp 5
- Eyes – IC Eyes Soulful Hazel
- Lashes – Cybernetic
- Nails – Skin Deep
- Hair – Hair Solutions Elite Bob
- Dress – Little Rebel Green Tea Cocktail Dress
- Scarf – Nonna Hedges
- Shoes – Tesla Vixen II Asparagus
Fashion Details GIDGE
- Shape – Gidge Custom Shape by Hatchy Mills
- Skin – PXL Crys Dark Eyes Passion Lips
- Hair – Frangipani Designs – Madison – Champagne
- Eyes – FNKY – Purple Rain
- Dress and Leggins – WIG WAM BAM – Sweater Dress NOIR
- Boots – Zenith Long Boots 04 – Don’t Ask
- Earrings – Petal Meg Dahlia Resined
- Nails – Bare Rose Freebie Black Nails