Wandering the forest last night, this wonderful chocolate sculptie jacket tossed on top of a melon cami kept me comfortably warm. Brown is a hot trend this spring – a popular neutral and with the popularity of tribal prints it’s finding its way into nearly every wardrobe. Some people jokingly say brown is the new black.
Well, I would like to argue for brown being the new black and the old black. It’s a softer tone, less hard, less stark and much more flattering against your skin. When choosing a top to wear with this chocolate skirt and sweater, I tried on pink, blue, yellow, cream, black and melon. I went with the melon, but I could have easily worn any of the other colors. Better yet, those colors next to brown look richer than when they are next to black. Next to black, they will look brighter – and be less flattering and look cheaper. So, what are you waiting for? Get some chocolate in your life.
More photos on Flickr. Additional photo and style notes after the jump.
- Shape: melli2 by hatchy mills
- Skin: Amy 05 by Laqroki
- Eyes: Soulful Hazel by IC Eyes
- Hair: Mandy by Muism
- Top: Trixie Cami (melon) by Celestial Studios
- Skirt: Tie-Dye (chocolate) by 141
- Sweater: Knit Jacket by Ce Cubic
- Necklace & Earrings: Boho Gypsy by EarthTones
- Shoes: Gladiator Sandals Brown by J’s